The University has several policies in place that impact student organizations. These
policies are meant to regulate, provide consistency, and protect both the institution
and users. The following are various UW regulations, policies, or procedures that
have student organization implications.
- UW Regulation 6-4 – Use of University Buildings, Grounds, and Services – related to standards and procedures of general use of buildings, grounds, and services.
Implications for catering, signage, etc.
- UW Regulation 11-1: Student Conduct – University regulation outlining student conduct expectations and procedures. Student
organizations are subject to the University’s conduct process and are held to same
standards, expectations, policies, and values as individual students.
- UW Regulation 11-4: Student Organizations – University regulation outlining relationship between student orgs and the University.
- UW Regulation 11-7: Administration and Use of Union – University regulation outlining purpose, use, and structure of the Wyoming Union
- Student Organization Classification Policy – outlines how student organizations are classified, their expectations, and benefits/limitations
of classification levels.
- Anti-Hazing Policy – Presidential Directive (UW Policy) related to hazing, including definition and
parties responsible for enforcement.
- UW Code of Conduct – University policy that outlines behavioral expectations of students, community
values, and conduct procedures for alleged violations. Student orgs are held to the
same standards of students and have a specific section within the policy.
- Use of Buildings, Grounds, and Services for Student Orgs – Presidential Directive (UW Policy) related to standards and procedures of general
use of buildings, grounds, and services with an emphasis on student orgs.
- Alcohol Policy - Please contact email@example.com if you would like to have alcohol at your event.
- Minors on Campus Policy – outlines policy and procedures required if you would like to hold events where minors will be present.
- Photography/Film Policy - If your Student Org wants to take photos or video an event, please fill out this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Political Campaigns/Speakers - Please contact StudentOrgs@uwyo.edu if your organization wants to sponsor a political campaign or bring a political speaker
- Risk Management - Risk Management reviews all registered events via UW Connect. If you would like
to contact them directly about a specific event, contact email@example.com.
Student organizations or their members that have policy-related questions are encouraged
to email StudentOrgs@uwyo.edu
or visit Student Organizations and Entertainment (Union 012) to speak to a Student
Org Support Team Member.